New blog name: RESET
What do you think?
PaulTTran.com was originally created to blog about mainly business, investing, finance, and career-related stuff. It was constructed with a tone of crazily balancing a bunch of life aspects – and I alluded to being on caffeine injections in order to manage life.
It had great intentions, and it was very relatable to my audience: Social Media business and career overachievers.
But it wasn’t sustainable. Why? I was too busy and didn’t make time to blog, and it wasn’t authentically me. I love business, finance, investing, etc. but I don’t think it was my identity and the lifestyle I truly wanted; and there is so much more to me than just the side I was trying to convey.
My life is different now.
I am less of a workaholic trying to balance all these different projects that destroy my focus, in-depth investment in them, precious time I can’t get back, health, relationships, purpose, and enjoyment.
And most of those projects end up not being finished, finished unsatisfyingly, and/or overall unmeaningful.
I am striving to declutter and be more focused and at peace. Less is more – in material, worldly things as well as what consumes my heart and mind.
I want to be more for God and serving people – not money, impressing people, and other things that don’t last that I used to be a slave to.
I want people to know who I really am; not just the front I was trying to blog about. It’s not just the successes and wise advice that embody me – I want to share my random thoughts, what I love, what I think about, my struggles and failures, my prayers, my moments of thankfulness, etc. There is less pressure and fear of trying to conform to a mold people want or what I think people want – and just be myself.
I want to do more of the things I enjoy – travel, explore new things, and write just because I enjoy writing.
Let’s RESET/REFRESH. There are so many meanings to this word for me:
* My life has been reset because of the divorce; and although it was hurtful, it was a 2nd chance to love again and live on my terms
* My new relationship with God reset my entire life and has allowed me to find my identity. I am more focused on purpose, love, and serving
* I am less concerned with money and career, and more in love with people, travel, health, and growing; I’ve been reset here too – and I want to hopefully reset the lives of people whom aren’t living how they want to
* I love anything unconventional – I’d love to share what I experience, so that it inspires other people to reset their way of thinking
* I enjoy learning different perspectives – and hopefully it inspires other people to reset how they see things
* Every day is reset and we have an opportunity to be and do better
* God has forgiven our sins and remembers them no more. I have been reset because of what He did, and I am happy, at peace, and empowered to love others
* The list goes on…
My designer is currently slated to finish the makeover on May 20th, right before I leave for Rwanda. That’ll be great timing and a great start – for my new adventures – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Thank you to everybody who’s been on this ride with me; if you continue to stay on, I love you and appreciate your support. If you drop off because we are no longer aligned…I love you and appreciate your support.
Here’s to pressing the reset button =)